Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Initiative Goals
Document Services, Mail Services, Surplus, and Warehouse
Focus on Communication
- We will champion and lead the creation of a DEI webpage for all Bloomington Auxiliaries.
- We will create signage for our work environments that provide simple reminders to staff and customers of DEI messages and benefits and offer those resources to others.
Focus on Process & Procedure
- We will develop and promote the business case for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion amongst ourselves in our interactions with customers.
- We will promote the use of personalized pronouns on business cards as using a person’s chosen name and desired pronouns shows respect and courtesy.
Focus on Development
- We will work with Auxiliary Services Human Resources to explore DEI training and development opportunities for our staff.
- We will incorporate the Auxiliary Business Services DEI Value Statement in our Employee Conduct and Expectations documents and discuss it in onboarding.